It's Friday, which basically means it's the weekend, which in turn means that you deserve a cocktail. A fancy shmancy one that you can whip up quick! And for that, you are going to want to make my Rosemary Fizz Cocktail.
We went to this cute bar the other night where I ordered an amazing cocktail. It was the perfect summer drink and rosemary was the star ingredient. It was so refreshing. Not too sweet with just the right amount of fizz added in. Canean and I both ordered it, and so I figured that I should make it at home so we could drink it whenever we wanted to!
The result was just as tasty, and the great thing is that you can make the rosemary infused simple syrup in a big batch and it will keep in the fridge for several weeks. Or if you are having a party just make the simple syrup the day before and mix a big pitcher full!
Whatever, whenever, however. Just make them!
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Water
- 2 Sprigs of Rosemary
- 1 Oz. Gin
- 3/4 Oz. St. Germaine
- 1/2 to 3/4 Oz. Simple Syrup (depending on how sweet you want it, the St. Germaine adds some sweetness)
- Juice of 1/2 Lime, plus extra slices for garnish
- Club Soda
- Rosemary for garnish
- Bring 1 cup of sugar, 1 cup of water and your 2 sprigs of rosemary to a boil. Turn off heat and let sit for about 15 minutes. Remove rosemary and refrigerate until chilled.
- To make your drink, mix all ingredients in a cocktail shaker minus the club soda and garnishes.
- Pour into a glass with ice, and top with club soda. Add garnishes.
They are kinda pretty too which only makes drinking them that much better for some reason.
Cheers to weekends!