This is it...there are only two more days left of 2014. Every year I say the same thing, but seriously I blinked and the year is over already. We have only two days to finish the year with a bang and with meaning. Two days before diets start, new year resolutions begin, and we are all a year older. And if there were ever a time for you to make a festive drink, tomorrow would be it. New Year's Eve gives us all an excuse to drink as froo froo of a drink as we want and it should definitely involve some type of sparkling wine or champagne whether you usually go for the bubbles or not. My lemon ginger twist is easy enough for a party and is perfect for watching the ball drop.
Canean and I are definitely low key New Year's Eve kind of people. Usually we are by ourselves and have been guilty of going to bed before midnight (gasp) or are with a couple of close friends ringing in the new year in a nice and calm environment. I'm getting old, I know that because nice and calm nights excite me and the thought of being out somewhere crazy with tons of people I don't really know sounds like the worst idea ever. Things have changed in the past decade, I can tell you that.
But...whatever you are doing you either need a pregame drink or an at home drink or a party drink and that's where the lemon ginger twist comes in. Because if something hasn't changed it's the fact that you always have to have a yummy cocktail to celebrate one year passing and a new one beginning.
I'm ready for ya 2015...I am ready for what's to come, new beginnings, new chapters in life, and all that's in store. Bring it on and I'm going to start it off right with a lemon ginger twist in hand.
- Prosecco (I used Lamarca, it's delicious and affordable)
- 1 Tbsp. Ginger Simple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- To make your ginger simple syrup, bring 1/2 cup water and 1/2 Cup water to a boil with 2 one inch pieces of ginger, skin and all. After water has boiled and sugar has dissolved, let cool for about 10 minutes. Strain the liquid to remove the ginger pieces. Refrigerate. This can be made in advance.
- Squeeze the juice of two lemons, removing any seeds.
- Put one tbsp. of ginger simple syrup and one tbsp. of lemon juice in the bottom of your cocktail glass and top off with prosecco. Garnish with a peel of lemon skin. Repeat with the rest of the glasses.
Here's to a safe and happy New Year friends! Cheers!