Happy Thursday, which means it's almost Friday guys! How has your week been? Mine has had it's ups and downs if I'm being honest with you, and I am pretty excited that the weekend is approaching. In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness this month, I wanted to create a pink drink for all of the brave women who have or are currently battling Breast Cancer. I have been eager to make a drink infused with roses for a while now and it could not be a more perfect drink to celebrate the lives of so many women (that you probably know) that have been affected by Breast Cancer. The bubbly rose cocktail is for you, your mom, your sister, your daughter, your aunt, your grandmother, and your best friend and it's 100% woman.
Let me explain. This is no ordinary cocktail, and when I put together ingredients I wanted each one represented something special about a woman.
The champagne is for the celebration of a woman's life, the St. Germain is the touch of sweetness that every woman has inside, the rose infusion represents a woman's sensual side and need for love, and the twist of lemon is that fight that we all have inside and it's what gets us through life's challenges.
While I have been fortunate enough to not have someone personally in my life who has battled the disease, I do have friends who have family members and friends who have. I have seen the hurt and the battle...and the victories in the end and if there is one thing I know for sure, it's that women are strong!
We are a force to be reckoned with and that deserves a beautiful cocktail ladies...
- 4 Drops of Rosewater (the edible kind, I found mine at Whole Foods)
- 1 Tbsp. Rose Infused Simple Syrup (1/2 Cup fragrant unsprayed rose petals, 1/2 Cup Sugar, 1/2 Cup Water, bring to a boil and turn off heat let sit for 10 minutes and then strain and cool.)
- 2 Oz. St. Germain
- Juice from 1 Lemon
- Garnish with rose petals and a twist of lemon rind
- Combine your rosewater, rose simple syrup, lemon juice, and St. Germain in a cocktail shaker and shake until well combined.
- Put several ice cubes in tall glass and then top off with champagne.
- Garnish and sip away!
Cheers to all of you beautiful and strong women out there. This cocktail is for you!