It's almost Cinco de Mayo and I am so excited I have an excuse to drink all the margaritas! I love a classic margarita, but when it's hot outside, I am all about switching up the classic for a fruity combination! We went to Miami a few years ago and had the most amazing mango margarita of my life. Ever since then I have been trying to recreate something equally as delicious right in my own kitchen! My delicious frozen strawberry mango margarita with a spiced sugar rim comes pretty dang close to bringing me right back to Miami!
The key is to use frozen fruit to get the creamiest of frozen margaritas! you can obviously use fresh fruit too, but the result will not be as thick and almost sorbet like as if you were to use frozen! And on top of the fact that it makes your margarita more delicious, it is also way more cost effective, especially if you are making margaritas for more than just yourself!
These margaritas are the perfect outdoor party drink, beach drink, or of course for Cinco de Mayo too! Can we just talk about how pretty the colors are together here? I mean I can't get over the taste and the beauty of these margaritas! The spiced sugar rim adds just a little spice which is the perfect addition to the sweet fruit!
I can't wait for you to try these out for yourself and see just how delicious a homemade margarita can be!
- 2 Cups Frozen Mango
- 2 Cups Frozen Strawberries
- 4 Tbsp. Agave Nectar (or honey)
- 1/2-3/4 Cup of Tequila (depending on your taste)
- 1/3 Cup of Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice, plus extra lime for garnish
- 1/4 Cup Sugar for the Rim
- 1 Tsp. Chili Powder or Cayenne Pepper (one adds spice with no heat, the other is if you like a little spicy too!)
- Add mango to the blender along with half of the lime juice, 2 Tbsp. agave, and half of the tequila.
- Blend on high until creamy. Pour pureed mango into another pitcher and wash out the blender.
- Add strawberries to the blender along with the rest of the lime juice, the other 2 tbsp. agave, and tequila.
- Blend on high until creamy.
- Take a lime wedge and go around the rim of your glass.
- Mix sugar and chili powder together on a plate.
- Dip the lime rimmed glass onto the plate and turn in a circular motion until you have coated the rim with the chili sugar mixture.
- Spoon half mango puree and half strawberry puree into each glass.
- Serve immediately.
Note: Makes 4-6 servings.
Cheers friends! Happy drinking!