This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TailgateWithATwist #SeasonalSolutions #CollectiveBias
I happen to be the griller in my household. I rarely let my hubby do anything but light the grill for me, and I get very excited about grilling any chance I can get! Summertime obviously provides lots of grilling opportunities, and then when fall rolls around people tend to forget about it. I on the other hand embrace fall grilling because football is back on TV and what better way to watch the big game than to have a tailgate gate extravanganze at home (home-gating if you will)? What is tailgating without a little grill action, am I right? I love mixing up what I'm serving for gameday and my new favorite easy recipe to make is a grilled spicy black bean burger with charred poblanos and avocado crema!
These burgers are basically a little flavor explosion with every bite! Here is the thing, these burgers may be vegetarian, but I can assure you that even the meat eaters are your tailgate will not disapprove! I buy MorningStar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Burger Value Pack, which is perfect for serving a group of hungry friends for the next big game! I throw them on the grill along with some poblano betters and whip up a delicious avocado crema, and I'm telling you it makes for the best burger! And no worries if you have a few guests who don't do spicy...I also love MorningStar Farms® Garden Veggie Burger which is equally delicious!
The Spicy Black Bean Burger: America's #1 Veggie Burger, gets it's name honestly! I love having these burgers on hand for an "as-is" meal solution on busy days! I strive to live a healthy lifestyle as much as possible and I can feel good about these veggie burgers any day of the week for a ready to go lunch or dinner! We are by no means vegetarians in our house, but we do enjoy vegetarian meal options from time to time, especially when they taste as good as these burgers do! I picked up a few bags for myself at Walmart to keep on hand for when busy days get the best of me!
Fall grilling has never been more fun than with a veggie burger that's a real flame changer! This recipe is sure to be a favorite at your next home-gating get together while you watch your favorite team! You will have to grill it to believe it!
- 6 MorningStar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Burgers
- 2 Poblano Peppers
- 2 Avocados
- 1 Tbsp. Lime Juice
- 2 Tbsp. Plain Yogurt
- 1/2 Tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Chopped Cilantro (optional if you don't like cilantro)
- Sliced Red Onion
- 1/2 Cup Crumbled Cojita Cheese
- 8 Hamburger Buns
- Preheat grill over medium heat.
- Place burgers onto the grill and grill for five minutes per side.
- At the same time, place poblanos onto the grill over direct flame.
- Char the poblanos on all side for 2 minutes per side and then place into a plastic zipper bag for 5 minutes while they cool slightly.
- While the burgers are cooking, combine avocados, lime juice, yogurt, salt, and pepper into a bowl and stir to combine until smooth. Set aside.
- Toast buns slightly on the grill and remove.
- When burgers are done, take poblanos out of the bag and peel the charred skin off of the peppers. Slice and remove seeds and set aside.
- To assemble, spread some of the avocado spread on the bun followed by burger and then topped with the poblano pepper, red onion, and cilantro.
- Sprinkle with cojita cheese and place the other half of the bun on top.
- Serve immediately.
The next time you decide to cook up something delicious for the big game, try my grilled spicy black bean burgers with charred poblanos and avocado crema! I guarantee they will be a hit with all of your friends and family!