Y'all...Christmas is nine days away...NINE days away! How did this even happen? I am kind of unprepared and am just now starting to plan what I want to fix for Christmas dinner. And with Christmas parties in full swing over the next week, we could all use an easy appetizer to whip up that requires little to no effort! This is my go to holiday appetizer because one, it's gorgeous and perfectly red, white, and green, two it's delicious, and three I can make it in ten minutes. My pesto and goat cheese spread with cranberries and toasted pine nuts couldn't be more perfect for your holiday festivities!
I will admit we are kind of pesto obsessed in this house. We could smear it on just about anything and be pretty happy about it. My Aunt Lisa and my mom have been making this dip for years and I, in turn have started to make it every holiday season and bring it to any parties that we attend.
People will usually flip out over it leaving you looking like you did something fancy, when really it took you barely any effort. But you don't have to tell anybody that...unless they want the recipe, which they probably will.
It's the perfect mix of savory and sweet with the right balance of textures, and you should make it even if it's just for yourself...
- 5 Tbsp. of Pesto (get recipe here or you could buy store bought, but I love fresh and don't laugh at my pesto post because it was one of my earliest...and the pictures might make me cringe a little...)
- 4 oz. Goat Cheese
- 1 Package of Cream Cheese
- 3 Tbsp. of Dried Cranberries
- 3 Tbsp. of Toasted Pine Nuts
- Crackers for Serving
- Bring cheeses to room temperature.
- Make your pesto.
- In a small dry pan, add your pine nuts and heat over medium heat until the nuts are just toasted and slightly brown. Be careful not to burn.
- Combine cheeses together in a bowl after they are soft and then transfer to a small plate or what you are serving it on and form a round disc shape.
- Spread the pesto on top of the cheese and then sprinkle with cranberries and pine nuts.
And that's all she wrote guys. Pretty easy right?